The Best Free Crew Alternative
Manage your tasks and more with Taskade
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Plan, Organize, and Execute Your Projects.
Brainstorm IdeasMap out anything with dynamic views.
Manage ProjectsTrack tasks and projects in calendar.
Work TogetherChat, organize, and get things done.
Brainstorm IdeasTaskade is the fastest way to get work done!
Taskade vs Crew
Taskade is a scalable alternative to Crew Messaging App.
No templates available
Develop customizable templates
Customizability is restricted to scheduling
Fully customizable workspace and progress tracking
One standard view offered
Adaptable data visualization
Chat and annoucement support
Comment syncing, chat support, live video call support
Real-time messaging and scheduling
Tailored for messaging and scheduling teams
Remote first design tailored for virtual collaboration
No completion history tracking
Completion history tracking
No overall view of projects
Bird's eye view of workspaces, able to monitor progress on a project level
Schedules are used to substitute task
Tasks can be folded and colour-coded
Easy to use
Simple and intuitive
Easy and simple
Intuitive UI, quick onboarding process
Performance is fast
Lightweight, Short load times
What Is Crew?
Crew is a mobile-first communication and scheduling solution developed by Speramus and launched in 2015. This frontline employee app aims to help companies streamline communication, scheduling, recognition, and more across distributed teams.
This tool helps connect employees with the people and information they need to get work done. Crew helps to reduce time spent figuring out mundane tasks such as schedules and shifts, and digging for files and tasks.
Today, Crew has over 1 million users on its platform, working for over 35,000 businesses. Some alternative tools to Crew are Legion Technologies, Zinc, LiveChat, Flock, VioTalk, and GoodBox.
Features of Crew
Crew is a mobile communications platform that provides employees and managers with a simple and secure digital workplace to access information, motivation, and people for better collaboration.
Its main features are team communication, labor optimization, culture and recognition, task execution, knowledge and employee management, and administration and analytics.
Crew can be used for team communication and scheduling but we do not recommend it for overall project management. It lacks adaptable data visualization and customization of tasks. It also does not give an overview of multiple projects but focuses instead on employee schedules and shifts.
What Are Some Limitations of Crew?
While Crew is a good tool to use for team communication and scheduling, it has many limitations when it comes to customizability and project management.
Here are some limitations of Crew:
- No templates available
- Customizability is restricted to scheduling
- Only has one standard view for projects
- No completion history tracking
- No overall view of projects
Crew simply doesn't have enough features to help you manage tasks efficiently.
How Much Does Crew Cost?
Crew offers a free plan (Basic) for free-form team communication and a paid package (Pro) that costs $30/month. The Pro plan is meant for businesses that have a single team or operate from a single location.
For companies managing multiple teams, there is Crew Enterprise which has all the features of the other plans while also unifying communications across large, distributed teams. Companies interested in this package must contact Crew for a quote.
What Is Taskade?
Taskade is an online productivity and collaboration tool that was founded by John Xie, Dionis Loire, and Stan Chang in 2017. The Y Combinator-backed startup aims to help remote teams and individuals get work done faster and smarter.
Taskade is where remote teams get work done. With Taskade, you can organize projects and tasks, change between multiple project views, automate repetitive workflows, collaborate via built-in video chat with your team, and more, via an all-in-one unified workspace.
Get a headstart on your projects and find a suitable structure for your notes via Taskade’s versatile collection of templates. Simply choose from a wide variety of templates and add them to your projects to get started instantly!
Taskade is a supercharged productivity app that both individuals and teams can use to collaborate on projects in real-time.
Taskade is the best free Crew alternative. Get started instantly for free today.
Key Features of Taskade
Project Views. Visualize your projects in several different ways. Cycle between the List, Mind Map, Org Chart, and Board views to work the way you want.
- List View. This is the default view on Taskade. Create new lists here.
- Board View. This view lets you work horizontally like a Kanban board. Visualize your workflow and tasks in this full-width view.
- Mind Map View. This view lets you work in a horizontal tree-structured manner and map out what you have in mind.
- Action View. Work in table view and stay organized with your task due dates, and more.
- Org Chart View. Break down larger tasks into smaller ones to help you get things done.
- Zoom In, Zoom Out. Get a bird’s-eye view of the workflow by zooming out on all project views, or zoom in to focus on a specific area.
- Fold/Unfold. Fold (collapse) a parent task/bullet element to hide its subtasks. Indent outline elements with ⌨️ Tab and unfold lists with ⌨️ Shift+Tab.
- Real-time Communication. Chat and video conference with your team while collaborating in real-time on the same page.
- 500+ Templates. Choose from 500+ templates across 26 categories to improve your productivity and workflows. Customize existing templates or create new ones across your workspaces.
- Multi-Select. Select and format multiple blocks or bulk assign them as tasks to other team members. You can also copy, paste, or indent selected blocks.
- Customize Sub-Tasks. Customize the format of your sub-tasks at individual levels. Choose from headings, numbered lists, shapes, and more.
- Recurring Tasks. Add due dates with start and end times to tasks within your project and set them to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or even yearly.
- Move Tasks. Move and copy selected tasks to other projects across any workspace. You’ll receive a pop-up notification on completion.
- User Roles & Permissions. Manage collaborators and assign user roles/editing privileges (Owner, Admin, Editor, Checker, Viewer).
- Sort Tasks. Sort sub-tasks/children elements by completed/uncompleted stats or the due date. Task sorting can be accessed from a convenient pop-up menu.
- Search. Search within projects or globally across workspaces and subspaces. Instantly browse and jump between projects anywhere in the Taskade.
- Keyboard Shortcuts. Navigate projects, create content blocks, reorder elements, and complete tasks using a set of handy keyboard shortcuts.
- Team Calendar. Aggregate all tasks and projects in a shared calendar. The Taskade calendar integrates with Google (two-way), Apple, and Outlook.
- Reorder Tasks. Lists in Taskade aren’t set in stone. Reorder tasks and find them a new home with intuitive drag-and-drop mechanics.
- Project History. See all the changes made by you and other collaborators. Click on the entries to navigate to the edited items within the project.
- Version History. Taskade saves snapshots of your project so that you can restore a previous version of your project with a single click.
- Export and Print. You can export your projects as plain text or markdown files. Attach them to emails, presentations, or for print.
- Cloud File Upload. Share files directly from Google Drive, Dropbox, Instagram, and Box in your projects with our integrations.
- Breakdown Larger Tasks. Organize your thoughts with Taskade’s unlimited hierarchy to break down large projects into tasks.
- Quick Search. Use CMD / CTRL + K to jump between any projects within Taskade web and apps.
For an exhaustive list of Taskade’s features, click here.
- Free-forever plan is loaded with features
- Real-time collaboration within the same project
- Free built-in video call and chat function in each project
- Customizable templates to give you a headstart
- Work and chat in the same window, in the same app
- Frequent updates based on user/your feedback and suggestions
- Tabbed workflow for working with multiple Projects
- No custom APIs (yet)
Taskade Free Plan
- Unlimited Tasks & Projects
- Unlimited Members & Guests
- Unlimited Folders & Teams
- Templates, Calendar, Repeat Tasks
- Real-time Collaboration
- Built-in Free Chat and Video Call
Taskade Unlimited Plan - Starts from $5/month
- Everything in Free, plus:
- Version History
- Advanced Permission
- Cloud Upload Integration
- 2-Way Calendar Integration
Click here for more information.
Is Taskade Right for You?
Taskade can be used by individuals and teams working from anywhere. Use Taskade individually or collaborate with your team for weekly agendas, team meetings, note-taking, project management, product roadmaps, and more.
Make use of customizable board views to visualize your projects into digestible smaller tasks. Multiple board views are available even on Taskade’s free plan, allowing you to get more work done the smarter way.
Collaborate with your team in real-time with free and unlimited chat and video conferencing available on every project. Automatic syncing ensures that your data is always up to date across devices.
Our customizable templates are available even with our free plan. Find the perfect template to help you get started with your project, and customize it to fit your needs!
Taskade is the simplest way to create task lists, checklists, and workflows. Manage projects and get more work done the simple way with Taskade.
Taskade is the best free Crew alternative. Try Taskade for free today.
Get Work Done. Remotely.
Taskade is where remote teams chat, organize, and get things done.