The Best Free Zenkit Alternative
Organize and execute tasks efficiently
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Plan, Organize, and Execute Your Projects.
Brainstorm IdeasMap out anything with dynamic views.
Manage ProjectsTrack tasks and projects in calendar.
Work TogetherChat, organize, and get things done.
Brainstorm IdeasTaskade is the fastest way to get work done!
Taskade vs Zenkit
Taskade is the best alternative to Zenkit.
Develop customizable templates
Develop customizable templates
Workspaces cannot be nested
Fully customizable workspace and progress tracking
Board data is incompatible with list view
Adaptable data visualization
Chat support through Zenchat
Comment syncing, chat support, live video call support
A collaboration focused project management tool
Remote first design tailored for virtual collaboration
Completion history tracking through tags and status
Completion history tracking
Overall view of projects, allows tracking of individual tasks
Bird's eye view of workspaces, able to monitor progress on a project level
Tasks are segmented but overall design is cluttered
Tasks can be folded and colour-coded
Complex and difficult to maintain
Simple and intuitive
Intuitive and simple
Intuitive UI, quick onboarding process
Performance is sluggish
Lightweight, Short load times
What Is Zenkit?
Zenkit is a project management platform developed by a team from the German company, Axonic Information Systems. Launched in 2016, this collaborative software was created to provide a simple, flexible solution to project management that teams can use everyday.
Zenkit is an option for teams looking for a solution that will allow them to keep track of multiple projects at once. It also allows users to collaborate with their team remotely and to make updates in real-time.
Features of Zenkit
Zenkit is a project management solution that can be accessed both on the Web and on mobile. Its main features include:
- Kanban boards with re-arrangeable views
- Real-time collaboration with file sharing, commenting, and offline mode features
- Customization such as different views, custom backgrounds, and rich text editing
- Activity tracking with a Gantt chart, calendar, checklists, and notifications
Although Zenkit has a lot of useful features for project management, we do not recommend it. For all its classic project management features, Zenkit has a limited adaptability when it comes to data visualization. And though the tasks are segmented, the tool’s design is such that when there are too many tasks, it becomes even more difficult to make sense of what is going on.
What Are Some Limitations of Zenkit?
While Zenkit is a good tool for managing multiple projects, it has limitations that hinder teams from from visualizing and organizing their tasks.
- Workspaces cannot be nested
- Board data incompatible with list view
- No real-time syncing
- No built-in video calls
- Cluttered overall design
- Sluggish performance, long load times
Although Zenkit can provide an overall view of all your projects and help you track individual tasks, it is complex and difficult to see how each project is progressing. Taskade on the other hand provides a bird’s eye view of different workspaces and helps you monitor your progress on a project level.
How Much Does Zenkit Cost?
Zenkit has a free plan for personal use and two pricing plans (Plus and Business) for paying customers which can be billed monthly or annually. Prices also vary according to the features of Zenkit you would like to use.
For instance, Zenkit Projects Plus costs $9.00/month or $96.00/year while Zenkit Projects Business costs $25.00/month or $252.00/year
Zenkit also has dedicated pricing plans for educational institutions and nonprofit organizations.
What Is Taskade?
Taskade is an online productivity and collaboration tool that was founded by John Xie, Dionis Loire, and Stan Chang in 2017. The Y Combinator-backed startup aims to help remote teams and individuals get work done faster and smarter.
Taskade is where remote teams get work done. With Taskade, you can organize projects and tasks, change between multiple project views, automate repetitive workflows, collaborate via built-in video chat with your team, and more, via an all-in-one unified workspace.
Get a headstart on your projects and find a suitable structure for your notes via Taskade’s versatile collection of templates. Simply choose from a wide variety of templates and add them to your projects to get started instantly!
Taskade is a supercharged productivity app that both individuals and teams can use to collaborate on projects in real-time.
Taskade is the best free Zenkit alternative. Get started instantly for free today.
Key Features of Taskade
Project Views. Visualize your projects in several different ways. Cycle between the List, Mind Map, Org Chart, and Board views to work the way you want.
- List View. This is the default view on Taskade. Create new lists here.
- Board View. This view lets you work horizontally like a Kanban board. Visualize your workflow and tasks in this full-width view.
- Mind Map View. This view lets you work in a horizontal tree-structured manner and map out what you have in mind.
- Action View. Work in table view and stay organized with your task due dates, and more.
- Org Chart View. Break down larger tasks into smaller ones to help you get things done.
- Zoom In, Zoom Out. Get a bird’s-eye view of the workflow by zooming out on all project views, or zoom in to focus on a specific area.
- Fold/Unfold. Fold (collapse) a parent task/bullet element to hide its subtasks. Indent outline elements with ⌨️ Tab and unfold lists with ⌨️ Shift+Tab.
- Real-time Communication. Chat and video conference with your team while collaborating in real-time on the same page.
- 500+ Templates. Choose from 500+ templates across 26 categories to improve your productivity and workflows. Customize existing templates or create new ones across your workspaces.
- Multi-Select. Select and format multiple blocks or bulk assign them as tasks to other team members. You can also copy, paste, or indent selected blocks.
- Customize Sub-Tasks. Customize the format of your sub-tasks at individual levels. Choose from headings, numbered lists, shapes, and more.
- Recurring Tasks. Add due dates with start and end times to tasks within your project and set them to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or even yearly.
- Move Tasks. Move and copy selected tasks to other projects across any workspace. You’ll receive a pop-up notification on completion.
- User Roles & Permissions. Manage collaborators and assign user roles/editing privileges (Owner, Admin, Editor, Checker, Viewer).
- Sort Tasks. Sort sub-tasks/children elements by completed/uncompleted stats or the due date. Task sorting can be accessed from a convenient pop-up menu.
- Search. Search within projects or globally across workspaces and subspaces. Instantly browse and jump between projects anywhere in the Taskade.
- Keyboard Shortcuts. Navigate projects, create content blocks, reorder elements, and complete tasks using a set of handy keyboard shortcuts.
- Team Calendar. Aggregate all tasks and projects in a shared calendar. The Taskade calendar integrates with Google (two-way), Apple, and Outlook.
- Reorder Tasks. Lists in Taskade aren’t set in stone. Reorder tasks and find them a new home with intuitive drag-and-drop mechanics.
- Project History. See all the changes made by you and other collaborators. Click on the entries to navigate to the edited items within the project.
- Version History. Taskade saves snapshots of your project so that you can restore a previous version of your project with a single click.
- Export and Print. You can export your projects as plain text or markdown files. Attach them to emails, presentations, or for print.
- Cloud File Upload. Share files directly from Google Drive, Dropbox, Instagram, and Box in your projects with our integrations.
- Breakdown Larger Tasks. Organize your thoughts with Taskade’s unlimited hierarchy to break down large projects into tasks.
- Quick Search. Use CMD / CTRL + K to jump between any projects within Taskade web and apps.
For an exhaustive list of Taskade’s features, click here.
- Free-forever plan is loaded with features
- Real-time collaboration within the same project
- Free built-in video call and chat function in each project
- Customizable templates to give you a headstart
- Work and chat in the same window, in the same app
- Frequent updates based on user/your feedback and suggestions
- Tabbed workflow for working with multiple Projects
- No custom APIs (yet)
Taskade Free Plan
- Unlimited Tasks & Projects
- Unlimited Members & Guests
- Unlimited Folders & Teams
- Templates, Calendar, Repeat Tasks
- Real-time Collaboration
- Built-in Free Chat and Video Call
Taskade Unlimited Plan - Starts from $5/month
- Everything in Free, plus:
- Version History
- Advanced Permission
- Cloud Upload Integration
- 2-Way Calendar Integration
Click here for more information.
Is Taskade Right for You?
Taskade can be used by individuals and teams working from anywhere. Use Taskade individually or collaborate with your team for weekly agendas, team meetings, note-taking, project management, product roadmaps, and more.
Make use of customizable board views to visualize your projects into digestible smaller tasks. Multiple board views are available even on Taskade’s free plan, allowing you to get more work done the smarter way.
Collaborate with your team in real-time with free and unlimited chat and video conferencing available on every project. Automatic syncing ensures that your data is always up to date across devices.
Our customizable templates are available even with our free plan. Find the perfect template to help you get started with your project, and customize it to fit your needs!
Taskade is the simplest way to create task lists, checklists, and workflows. Manage projects and get more work done the simple way with Taskade.
Taskade is the best free Zenkit alternative. Try Taskade for free today.
Get Work Done. Remotely.
Taskade is where remote teams chat, organize, and get things done.