The Best Free Wrike Alternative
Manage projects with maximum efficiency and drive growth
Plan, Organize, and Execute Your Projects.
Brainstorm IdeasTaskade is the fastest way to get work done!
Taskade vs Wrike
Taskade is the best free alternative to Wrike.com for project management.
Develop customizable templates
Develop customizable templates
Customizability is restricted to folders and documents
Fully customizable workspace and progress tracking
Data is incompatible with certain views offered
Adaptable data visualization
Comment and chat support
Comment syncing, chat support, live video call support
Remote project management tool
Remote first design tailored for virtual collaboration
Completion history tracking
Completion history tracking
Overall view of projects, no sub-task level tracking
Bird's eye view of workspaces, able to monitor progress on a project level
Tasks have a separate window for descriptions
Tasks can be folded and colour-coded
Complex and difficult to maintain
Simple and intuitive
Overwhelming enterprise-level features, hard to master
Intuitive UI, quick onboarding process
Performance is inconsistent
Lightweight, Short load times
What Is Wrike?
Wrike is a collaborative work management platform that was founded in 2006 by Andrew Filev, with an Enterprise platform released in December 2013. Wrike helps empower teams’ project management and collaboration tasks with its minimalist and simple user interface.
There are reportedly over 20,000 companies across 140 countries that have integrated Wrike into their processes. Similar software includes ClickUp, OpenProject, and Airtable.
Features of Wrike
Wrike has a minimalist, three-pane user interface, and its features revolve around two key tasks: Team Collaboration and Project Management.
The software is available in 8 languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Italian, German, and Russian.
Additionally, the application can be accessed on all mobile and desktop devices. Files can also be synced across multiple devices, allowing team members access at any given time.
Wrike’s Project Management features are geared to help teams track project statuses and delegate tasks more efficiently. With Wrike, users can:
- Create an interactive Gantt chart
- Track time allotted for tasks
- View tasks in a workload view
- Customize project data through a sortable table
- Create a comprehensive and collaborative project calendar
- Use workflow automation capabilities
Wrike’s collaboration features allow for communication and collaboration between team members with a capability for team brainstorming. Here are its key features for Team Collaboration:
- Wrike Live co-editor
- Push notifications for updates in communications
- Inbox feature to collate messages
- Interactive and intuitive dashboard
- Discussion threads on individual tasks
Marketers can also leverage “Wrike for Marketers”, which contains features that help team members manage marketing processes and glean actionable insights.
What Are Some Limitations of Wrike?
Wrike is supercharged with robust features to help teams improve their collaboration and task management processes. However, it runs on a freemium model. Larger teams would need to pay more to have full access to its features.
Here are some of Wrike’s other limitations:
- Mobile app’s functionality is more limited compared to its desktop counterpart
- Comments cannot be assigned to team members
- Platform can be too pricey for bigger teams
- Interface is not beginner-friendly
- Onboarding process is not easy and requires some training
How Much Does Wrike Cost?
Wrike’s free plan provides teams with centralized task management, and it allows for both internal and external collaboration. Aside from this, Wrike has 3 paid plans. Its Professional plan is priced at $9.80 per team member per month, which allows for basic planning and collaboration.
A more robust Business plan is priced at $24.80 per team member per month, which can be customized based on use case. Bigger teams can take advantage of Wrike’s Enterprise plan, which is also customized and priced based on use case.
What Is Taskade?
Taskade is an online productivity and collaboration tool that was founded by John Xie, Dionis Loire, and Stan Chang in 2017. The Y Combinator-backed startup aims to help remote teams and individuals get work done faster and smarter.
Taskade is where remote teams get work done. With Taskade, you can organize projects and tasks, change between multiple project views, automate repetitive workflows, collaborate via built-in video chat with your team, and more, via an all-in-one unified workspace.
Get a headstart on your projects and find a suitable structure for your notes via Taskade’s versatile collection of templates. Simply choose from a wide variety of templates and add them to your projects to get started instantly!
Taskade is a supercharged productivity app that both individuals and teams can use to collaborate on projects in real-time.
Taskade is the best free Wrike alternative. Get started instantly for free today.
Key Features of Taskade
Project Views. Visualize your projects in several different ways. Cycle between the List, Mind Map, Org Chart, and Board views to work the way you want.
- List View. This is the default view on Taskade. Create new lists here.
- Board View. This view lets you work horizontally like a Kanban board. Visualize your workflow and tasks in this full-width view.
- Mind Map View. This view lets you work in a horizontal tree-structured manner and map out what you have in mind.
- Action View. Work in table view and stay organized with your task due dates, and more.
- Org Chart View. Break down larger tasks into smaller ones to help you get things done.
- Zoom In, Zoom Out. Get a bird’s-eye view of the workflow by zooming out on all project views, or zoom in to focus on a specific area.
- Fold/Unfold. Fold (collapse) a parent task/bullet element to hide its subtasks. Indent outline elements with ⌨️ Tab and unfold lists with ⌨️ Shift+Tab.
- Real-time Communication. Chat and video conference with your team while collaborating in real-time on the same page.
- 500+ Templates. Choose from 500+ templates across 26 categories to improve your productivity and workflows. Customize existing templates or create new ones across your workspaces.
- Multi-Select. Select and format multiple blocks or bulk assign them as tasks to other team members. You can also copy, paste, or indent selected blocks.
- Customize Sub-Tasks. Customize the format of your sub-tasks at individual levels. Choose from headings, numbered lists, shapes, and more.
- Recurring Tasks. Add due dates with start and end times to tasks within your project and set them to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or even yearly.
- Move Tasks. Move and copy selected tasks to other projects across any workspace. You’ll receive a pop-up notification on completion.
- User Roles & Permissions. Manage collaborators and assign user roles/editing privileges (Owner, Admin, Editor, Checker, Viewer).
- Sort Tasks. Sort sub-tasks/children elements by completed/uncompleted stats or the due date. Task sorting can be accessed from a convenient pop-up menu.
- Search. Search within projects or globally across workspaces and subspaces. Instantly browse and jump between projects anywhere in the Taskade.
- Keyboard Shortcuts. Navigate projects, create content blocks, reorder elements, and complete tasks using a set of handy keyboard shortcuts.
- Team Calendar. Aggregate all tasks and projects in a shared calendar. The Taskade calendar integrates with Google (two-way), Apple, and Outlook.
- Reorder Tasks. Lists in Taskade aren’t set in stone. Reorder tasks and find them a new home with intuitive drag-and-drop mechanics.
- Project History. See all the changes made by you and other collaborators. Click on the entries to navigate to the edited items within the project.
- Version History. Taskade saves snapshots of your project so that you can restore a previous version of your project with a single click.
- Export and Print. You can export your projects as plain text or markdown files. Attach them to emails, presentations, or for print.
- Cloud File Upload. Share files directly from Google Drive, Dropbox, Instagram, and Box in your projects with our integrations.
- Breakdown Larger Tasks. Organize your thoughts with Taskade’s unlimited hierarchy to break down large projects into tasks.
- Quick Search. Use CMD / CTRL + K to jump between any projects within Taskade web and apps.
For an exhaustive list of Taskade’s features, click here.
- Free-forever plan is loaded with features
- Real-time collaboration within the same project
- Free built-in video call and chat function in each project
- Customizable templates to give you a headstart
- Work and chat in the same window, in the same app
- Frequent updates based on user/your feedback and suggestions
- Tabbed workflow for working with multiple Projects
- No custom APIs (yet)
Taskade Free Plan
- Unlimited Tasks & Projects
- Unlimited Members & Guests
- Unlimited Folders & Teams
- Templates, Calendar, Repeat Tasks
- Real-time Collaboration
- Built-in Free Chat and Video Call
Taskade Unlimited Plan - Starts from $5/month
- Everything in Free, plus:
- Version History
- Advanced Permission
- Cloud Upload Integration
- 2-Way Calendar Integration
Click here for more information.
Is Taskade Right for You?
Taskade can be used by individuals and teams working from anywhere. Use Taskade individually or collaborate with your team for weekly agendas, team meetings, note-taking, project management, product roadmaps, and more.
Make use of customizable board views to visualize your projects into digestible smaller tasks. Multiple board views are available even on Taskade’s free plan, allowing you to get more work done the smarter way.
Collaborate with your team in real-time with free and unlimited chat and video conferencing available on every project. Automatic syncing ensures that your data is always up to date across devices.
Our customizable templates are available even with our free plan. Find the perfect template to help you get started with your project, and customize it to fit your needs!
Taskade is the simplest way to create task lists, checklists, and workflows. Manage projects and get more work done the simple way with Taskade.
Taskade is the best free Wrike alternative. Try Taskade for free today.
Get Work Done. Remotely.
Taskade is where remote teams chat, organize, and get things done.