The Best Free Zoom Alternative
Host video calls and collaborate with Taskade
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Plan, Organize, and Execute Your Projects.
Brainstorm IdeasMap out anything with dynamic views.
Manage ProjectsTrack tasks and projects in calendar.
Work TogetherChat, organize, and get things done.
Brainstorm IdeasTaskade is the fastest way to get work done!
Taskade vs Zoom
Taskade is the best free Zoom alternative for remote collaboration.
Develop customizable templates
Fully customizable workspace and progress tracking
Adaptable data visualization
Chat and live video call support
Comment syncing, chat support, live video call support
A virtual collaboration tool for presentations and meetings
Remote first design tailored for virtual collaboration
Completion history tracking
Bird's eye view of workspaces, able to monitor progress on a project level
Tasks can be folded and colour-coded
Simple and intuitive
Intuitive UI, quick onboarding process
Performance is inconsistent
Lightweight, Short load times
What Is Zoom?
Zoom is a popular video conferencing platform that focuses on video conferencing, voice calls, and chat functions. Erik Yuan founded Zoom in 2011. Their product was developed for two years, before it was eventually launched to the public in 2013.
As a communications platform, Zoom is frequently compared to similar software companies such as Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, and Skype. Being a reliable app that is easy to use helped make Zoom a popular communication tool for people to use, achieving over a million users just months after its launch. Four years later, they attained a $1 billion valuation.
The company experienced its hockey stick growth period in 2020 in response to the worldwide quarantine measures. As people globally were forced to go online to get work done, Zoom capitalized on this opportunity and today, they average around 300 million daily users.
Despite being faced with several security issues in recent years, Zoom has maintained its growth and remains one of (if not) the most popular communication tool in the market. Let’s have a look at some of the features that they offer.
What Are Some Features of Zoom?
Before we dive into the features that Zoom offers, it’s safe to assume that a majority of us have been to at least one Zoom webinar or on a Zoom call. The ease of use is exactly what makes Zoom so attractive; it does what it’s supposed to do and it is efficient.
Besides the usual video conferencing feature, Zoom also has a chat function that’s built in to the user interface so that you and your team can type questions onto the chatbox so as to not interrupt the speaker. It’s also safe to assume that most of us are familiar with the ‘share screen’ function that allows users to share their screen with other participants in the same call.
A new feature that Zoom recently introduced is its Whiteboard feature, which turns the usual Zoom meeting into a collaborative one. On the Whiteboard, users can draw and write notes to visually share their ideas. An example of a use-case for this feature includes creating mind maps to brainstorm ideas.
Your Whiteboard can be accessed even outside of meetings and can be used as a landing page to help manage some of your smaller projects. Although it is possible to, you would be better off using Taskade as a free alternative to Zoom as Taskade was created to help you collaborate and get work done remotely. This means that you can use Taskade to manage your projects regardless of complexity.
What Is Zoom Good For?
Being a communication software, Zoom is best used for telecommunications services. Here are some of Zoom’s best use-cases.
- Video meetings
- Hosting seminars
- Virtual talks
- Business meetings
- Video brainstorming sessions
What Are Some Limitations of Zoom?
Although Zoom is great as a communication and video conferencing tool, it ultimately falls short when it comes to project management. Even though the Whiteboard function is the right step toward project management, it simply doesn't have advanced features when compared to other project management apps in the market.
Also, Zoom has limits for calls on its free plan. This makes Taskade a better alternative to Zoom because Taskade allows you to chat and have unlimited video calls even on our free plan.
How Much Does Zoom Cost?
Zoom has three different pricing options which include the Basic, Pro, and Business Plan.
- Up to 100 attendees
- 40 min limit per meeting
- Access to 3 Whiteboards
Pro ($149.90/user, billed annually)
- Up to 100 attendees
- 5GB cloud space for recordings
- Real-time transcriptions
- Access to 3 Whiteboards
Business ($199.90/user, billed annually)
- Up to 300 attendees
- 5GB cloud space for recordings
- Real-time transcriptions
- Real-time translations
- Unlimited Whiteboards
What Is Taskade?
Taskade is an online productivity and collaboration tool that was founded by John Xie, Dionis Loire, and Stan Chang in 2017. The Y Combinator-backed startup aims to help remote teams and individuals get work done faster and smarter.
Taskade is where remote teams get work done. With Taskade, you can organize projects and tasks, change between multiple project views, automate repetitive workflows, collaborate via built-in video chat with your team, and more, via an all-in-one unified workspace.
In Taskade, video conferencing, voice calls, and the chat function are built-in on every single project. This means that you can host video and voice calls while working on the same project with your team. Check out the video below to find out how simple it is to host video calls on your Taskade project!
Get a headstart on your projects and find a suitable structure for your notes via Taskade’s versatile collection of templates. Simply choose from a wide variety of templates and add them to your projects to get started instantly!
Taskade is a supercharged productivity app that both individuals and teams can use to collaborate on projects in real-time. Why use multiple apps to communicate and collaborate when Taskade allows you to do just that and much more?
Taskade is the best free Zoom alternative. Get started instantly for free today.
Key Features of Taskade
Project Views. Visualize your projects in several different ways. Cycle between the List, Mind Map, Org Chart, and Board views to work the way you want.
- List View. This is the default view on Taskade. Create new lists here.
- Board View. This view lets you work horizontally like a Kanban board. Visualize your workflow and tasks in this full-width view.
- Mind Map View. This view lets you work in a horizontal tree-structured manner and map out what you have in mind.
- Action View. Work in table view and stay organized with your task due dates, and more.
- Org Chart View. Break down larger tasks into smaller ones to help you get things done.
- Zoom In, Zoom Out. Get a bird’s-eye view of the workflow by zooming out on all project views, or zoom in to focus on a specific area.
- Fold/Unfold. Fold (collapse) a parent task/bullet element to hide its subtasks. Indent outline elements with ⌨️ Tab and unfold lists with ⌨️ Shift+Tab.
- Real-time Communication. Chat and video conference with your team while collaborating in real-time on the same page.
- 500+ Templates. Choose from 500+ templates across 26 categories to improve your productivity and workflows. Customize existing templates or create new ones across your workspaces.
- Multi-Select. Select and format multiple blocks or bulk assign them as tasks to other team members. You can also copy, paste, or indent selected blocks.
- Customize Sub-Tasks. Customize the format of your sub-tasks at individual levels. Choose from headings, numbered lists, shapes, and more.
- Recurring Tasks. Add due dates with start and end times to tasks within your project and set them to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or even yearly.
- Move Tasks. Move and copy selected tasks to other projects across any workspace. You’ll receive a pop-up notification on completion.
- User Roles & Permissions. Manage collaborators and assign user roles/editing privileges (Owner, Admin, Editor, Checker, Viewer).
- Sort Tasks. Sort sub-tasks/children elements by completed/uncompleted stats or the due date. Task sorting can be accessed from a convenient pop-up menu.
- Search. Search within projects or globally across workspaces and subspaces. Instantly browse and jump between projects anywhere in the Taskade.
- Keyboard Shortcuts. Navigate projects, create content blocks, reorder elements, and complete tasks using a set of handy keyboard shortcuts.
- Team Calendar. Aggregate all tasks and projects in a shared calendar. The Taskade calendar integrates with Google (two-way), Apple, and Outlook.
- Reorder Tasks. Lists in Taskade aren’t set in stone. Reorder tasks and find them a new home with intuitive drag-and-drop mechanics.
- Project History. See all the changes made by you and other collaborators. Click on the entries to navigate to the edited items within the project.
- Version History. Taskade saves snapshots of your project so that you can restore a previous version of your project with a single click.
- Export and Print. You can export your projects as plain text or markdown files. Attach them to emails, presentations, or for print.
- Cloud File Upload. Share files directly from Google Drive, Dropbox, Instagram, and Box in your projects with our integrations.
- Breakdown Larger Tasks. Organize your thoughts with Taskade’s unlimited hierarchy to break down large projects into tasks.
- Quick Search. Use CMD / CTRL + K to jump between any projects within Taskade web and apps.
For an exhaustive list of Taskade’s features, click here.
- Free-forever plan is loaded with features
- Real-time collaboration within the same project
- Free built-in video call and chat function in each project
- Customizable templates to give you a headstart
- Work and chat in the same window, in the same app
- Frequent updates based on user/your feedback and suggestions
- Tabbed workflow for working with multiple Projects
- No custom APIs (yet)
Taskade Free Plan
- Unlimited Tasks & Projects
- Unlimited Members & Guests
- Unlimited Folders & Teams
- Templates, Calendar, Repeat Tasks
- Real-time Collaboration
- Built-in Free Chat and Video Call
Taskade Unlimited Plan - Starts from $5/month
- Everything in Free, plus:
- Version History
- Advanced Permission
- Cloud Upload Integration
- 2-Way Calendar Integration
Click here for more information.
Is Taskade Right for You?
Taskade can be used by individuals and teams working from anywhere. Use Taskade individually or collaborate with your team for weekly agendas, team meetings, note-taking, project management, product roadmaps, and more.
Make use of customizable board views to visualize your projects into digestible smaller tasks. Multiple board views are available even on Taskade’s free plan, allowing you to get more work done the smarter way.
Collaborate with your team in real-time with free and unlimited chat and video conferencing available on every project. Automatic syncing ensures that your data is always up to date across devices.
Our customizable templates are available even with our free plan. Find the perfect template to help you get started with your project, and customize it to fit your needs!
Taskade is the simplest way to create task lists, checklists, and workflows. Manage projects and get more work done the simple way with Taskade.
Taskade is the best free Zoom alternative. Try Taskade for free today.
Get Work Done. Remotely.
Taskade is where remote teams chat, organize, and get things done.