Spark joy with this free KonMari method checklist to tidy up your home and organize your personal life ⚡️
What Is The KonMari Method?
The KonMari Method is an organizing and decluttering method developed by Japanese organizing consultant Marie Kondo.
The KonMari Method emphasizes the importance of keeping only the items that are truly needed or loved and encourages people to let go of things that no longer serve a purpose or bring happiness. The method is based on the idea that a clutter-free environment can lead to a more fulfilling and joyful life.
To follow the KonMari Method, individuals are encouraged to go through their possessions one category at a time, starting with clothes and ending with sentimental items, and to only keep the items that spark joy.
Who Is This KonMari Method Checklist For?
The Konmari Method can benefit anyone looking to declutter and simplify their living space, including individuals who feel overwhelmed by clutter and disorganization, those who want to create a more peaceful and functional living environment, and those who are moving or downsizing.
Additionally, it can be helpful for people who have trouble making decisions about what to keep and what to let go of, as the “spark joy” test provides a clear criteria for keeping or discarding items.
How To Get Started With The KonMari Method?
Here are some tips to help you get started with the KonMari Method:
- Start with a clear and specific goal in mind. Before beginning the Konmari Method, it’s important to have a clear idea of what you want to achieve, such as a tidier home, a more functional living space, or a reduced sense of overwhelm.
- Begin with clothes: The Konmari Method recommends starting with clothes as they tend to be the easiest category to declutter. Go through every item of clothing you own, one by one, and ask yourself if it “sparks joy.” If not, thank the item and let it go.
- Tackle categories in order: Marie Kondo suggests decluttering by category, such as clothes, books, papers, komono (miscellaneous items) and sentimental items. This order is recommended for a logical and efficient decluttering process.
- Create a designated storage space for everything: The Konmari Method is all about keeping only what sparks joy, but it’s also about creating a functional storage system for the items you decide to keep.
- Follow the folding method: Marie Kondo suggests folding clothes in a specific way, called the Konmari folding method, which allows you to see everything you own at a glance, making it easier to keep your clothes organized.
- Be mindful of your choices: Throughout the decluttering process, be mindful of your choices and the reasons behind them. Reflect on what you’re keeping, and why. This will help you make more intentional decisions going forward.
- Don’t rush: Decluttering and reorganizing can take time, so don’t rush the process. Take your time and go through each item carefully. Remember that the ultimate goal is to create a peaceful and functional living space.
How To Use This KonMari Method Checklist Template in Taskade
- Click “Use Template” to create a project instantly in your workspace.
- Click “Save Template” to create a reusable template for you and your team.
- Customize your project, make it your own, and get work done!