Leading an engineering team with different backgrounds, preferences, and strengths? Great! That means you know the challenges that come with scaling and onboarding new engineers. This simple engineering guidelines template will make the process much easier.
What Are Engineering Guidelines?
Engineers may have their own ways of doing things, but you still need to coordinate their actions to make sure everybody paddles in the same direction. Engineering guidelines outline which languages your team uses and what an ideal workflow should look like.
Keep Your Team on Track With Engineering Guidelines
Use these guidelines to provide your engineering team with a basic work structure and set them up for success. Here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Customize: Remove or add new guidelines to create a unique workflow for your team. You can also rearrange list items and highlight key points with #tags.
- Collaborate: Share the template with your engineers and let them contribute changes to the document. Make sure that every voice is heard!
- Take notes: Your engineering guidelines should evolve as your team grows and matures. Take notes, add comments, and develop the template as you go.
So before your first line, we have collected some tips for getting started with the correct syntax, how each language should be used specifically, and what other engineers need to watch out for.
Whether this book helps you get over a roadblock or just leads to a chuckle every now and then as you're reading through it -- it has already accomplished its job by making coding more enjoyable for everyone!
A big part of your engineering career will be the art of writing code. And yes, there is an art to it! But before you write any line of code, you have to understand which languages and frameworks you're using and how they are shared within the team.
This is why we've created these Engineering Guidelines to help you get started with the correct syntax, how you're using each language in particular, and what your co-workers have to watch out for.
To get started, copy this template into your workspace and share it with your fellow engineers.
How to Use the Engineering Guidelines Template
- To get started, sign in to your Taskade account or sign up for free.
- Open the template link and click on the ➕New Project button.
- Choose the Workspace where you want to create your engineering guidelines.
- Customize the guidelines using Taskade’s editing and formatting features.
- Finally, click on the Share button next to your profile photo to start collaborating.