Hey, there! Congratulations on starting your own food diary. This is the perfect place to chart everything you eat and drink this year! Simply fill in what you ate or drank with where, when, how much of it (in ounces), and whether it was measured accurately by volume or weight. Then export your data to see your progress over time! Best of luck—keep it up!"
What have you been eating lately? Jot it all down here so you can keep track of your eating habits and stay healthy! 🙌
Simply copy this template into your workspace of choice to get started.
Have you ever sat down and realized you don’t remember what you had for breakfast that morning? Well, that’s a thing of the past thanks to this food diary template!
What Is a Food Diary?
A food diary is a document where you keep track of everything you eat and drink each day. Plan your meal, log how much and what kind of food you eat, and record your observations in one place. Your food diary can be as detailed or as general as you want.
Make the Most Out of Your Food Diary
Your food diary will help you make healthy food choices and achieve your nutritional goals. Here are a few things you can do to customize this template:
- Add images: Not a fan of posting photos of your food on social media? Upload and store photos of your meals directly in the template.
- Embed recipes: Want to cook a delicious meal but don’t know where to start? Simply embed your favorite recipes inside the food diary for easy reference.
- Create reminders: Keeping track of what you eat requires diligence. Set recurring reminders so you don’t forget to add entries to the diary.
How to Use the Food Diary Template
- To get started, sign in to your Taskade account or sign up for free.
- Open the template link and click on the ➕New Project button.
- Choose the Workspace where you want to create your food diary.
- Customize the diary using Taskade’s editing and formatting features.
- Finally, click on the Share button next to your profile photo to start collaborating.
If you're trying to eat healthier, one of the best ways to do so is to keep a food diary. A food diary can help you track your eating habits, learn more about what you eat and see where you can make changes. It can also be a good way to monitor your weight or see if you're meeting your nutrient goals.
This free food diary template will help you to get started. You can customize it to match your own habits and what you want to track. You may also find our weekly meal prep template and recipe tracker template useful in conjunction with this template.
What should you include in your food diary?
Obviously, one of the most important things to include in your food diary is what you ate. Be sure to write down the time, date, type of food and how much you ate. You may also want to track your mood and energy levels before and after eating. This can help you see if certain foods make you feel good or bad.
Other things you may want to include in your food diary are:
- How much water you drink
- Exercise and physical activity
- Any cravings or hunger pangs
- Thoughts or feelings about food
If you are trying to lose weight or manage a chronic illness, you may also want to track certain biomarkers, such as blood sugar, cholesterol or blood pressure, as well as the amount of calories you are eating.
Tips for keeping a food diary
There are a few things to keep in mind when keeping a food diary:
-Be consistent. Try to keep your food diary at the same time each day and write down the same information each time.
-Be accurate. Write down the exact amount of food you ate, not just what you think you ate.
-Be honest. If you ate something unhealthy, don't try to hide it in your diary. Just be truthful about what you ate and make a note of it.
-Make it easy to use. Try to find a diary that is easy to use and fits your lifestyle.
-Keep it current. Make sure to update your diary as soon as you eat something, not the next day.
A food diary can be a helpful way to track your eating habits, learn more about what you eat and see where you can make changes.