Wondering how to make your website stand out? You can have the prettiest page around, but nobody will find it without proper search engine optimization (SEO). This SEO audit checklist template will help you put your website right in front of your target audience..
What Is an SEO Audit?
Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving a website’s visibility in search engines to increase traffic to the site. This involves creating quality content, using keywords, including internal and external links, and a range of other strategies.
Conducting an SEO audit on your website will show you what you can do to make it rank higher in search engines and attract people who might be interested in what you’re offering.
Boost Website Traffic With the SEO Audit Checklist Template
This SEO audit checklist template includes everything you need to know to create a well-optimized website for your next big project:
- Track rankings: Check how your keywords rank in search engines.
- Audit content: Tailor content to your target audience.
- Audit internal links: Make your page easy to navigate.
- Audit external links: Link to other relevant websites.
- Check page speed: Improve page loading speed.
- Make it responsive: Optimize your website for different devices.
- Track results: See how/if your rankings improve after the audit.
How to Use the SEO Audit Checklist Template
- To get started, sign in to your Taskade account or sign up for free.
- Open the template link and click on the ➕New Project button.
- Choose the Workspace where you want to create your SEO audit checklist.
- Customize the checklist using Taskade’s editing and formatting features.
- Finally, click on the Share button next to your profile photo to start collaborating.
Boost your search engine rankings and grow the quality and quantity of your website traffic by following the tips in this free SEO audit checklist!
There are six parts:
- 🛤 Keep Track of Rankings & Make Improvements On-The-Go
- 🔎 Audit the Content
- 🔗 Audit Internal Links
- 🖇 Audit the Backlinks
- 🌐 Audit the Web Page
- 🔑 Keyword Research
Simply copy this template into your workspace of choice to get started!
SEO is one of the most important aspects of online marketing, yet many business owners don't know how to conduct an SEO audit. That's why we created this free SEO audit checklist template for you to use! This handy-dandy list will help you understand what your website is doing right, and where it's falling short of Google's standards. Use this checklist as a guide to improving your website's SEO and ranking in search engine results pages.
SEO Audit Checklist:
Check your website's rank for important keywords using a tool like Google Search Console.
Make sure your website's content is high-quality and relevant to your target audience. Use a tool like Screaming Frog to crawl your website and check for broken links, duplicate content, missing titles or meta descriptions, and other technical SEO issues.
Audit internal links
Check your website's internal linking structure to ensure that pages are easy to find and navigate for both users and search engines. Use a tool like Xenu's Link Sleuth to find broken links and other issues.
Audit external links
Make sure your website is linking to high-quality, relevant websites. Tools like Semrush, Ahrefs, and Majestic can help you to find and analyze the links that are pointing towards your website.
Check page speed
Slow page speed can kill your SEO and hurt conversions. Use Google's PageSpeed Insights tool to check your website's speed and get suggestions on ways to improve it.
Check for mobile-friendliness
Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and easy to use on all devices. Use Google's Mobile-Friendly Test tool to check your website's mobile friendliness.
Watch your search results grow
This covers some of the basics you need to be aware of for improving the SEO of your website. Google uses over 200 ranking signals.
This free SEO audit checklist template is fully customizable. You can easily create a more robust template to utilize as an SEO professional or if you own many websites.